The Low Carbon City Lab (LoCaL) is a Climate-KIC initiative aiming at unlocking climate finance for cities. LoCaL helps cities in better assessing their emissions, planning low carbon projects and funding them.
LoCaL is currently supporting innovative projects in the following areas :
- Green Bonds framework development and training
- Capacity building for accessing climate finance
- Innovative monitoring approaches for the transport sector
- Big Data platforms for GHG data acquisition
- Efficient GPC-compliant emission reporting for the housing sector
- Result-based finance schemes/new certification standards for cities
- Waste emission management
- Matchmaking between cities and investors
As a growing innovation platform, LoCaL already involves more than 20 organisations globally and runs recurrent call for projects. Our next project intake deadline is the 9th of May 18:00 CEST.
To find out more, visit the website here.